Tuesday 22 November 2011

Wood Wharf III - the final cut and many problems

So happy with my work I wanted to get RID of it before it took OVER my life.

My Problem
As I pulled together the project on quarkexpress I was restricted to my mac at home.  My usendit for some reason wouldnt send and to cap it all my quarkexpress file exported to a whopping 240MB PDF format from a 10.4MB file!

I managed to download adobe acrobat on to my laptop.  although  after the adobe treatment it was reading as a smaller file on my computer but it was been treated by my email servers as if it was not compressed and was far too large to send.    So  now I thought I will have to hand deliver it

3 CDs later - they were so slow opening and reading the files I thought this is not going to work, whos going to wait 5-10mins when they have hundreds to view.  I went back in again to quark and managed to compress it to a baby 6 MB without loss of quality.

So at 6.21 today I pressed the SEND button and said au revoir to Canary Wharf and bonjour to Eastbourne...

No comments:

Post a Comment