Thursday 27 October 2011

Splashes and Blots with Indian Ink

I spent a couple of hours experimenting with ink blots.  I started off trying to get the ink onto the paper in splashes.  I drew 2 squares in my note book and had a little play with a few colours.

Encouraged, I then I looked up about blots.  Using watercolour and standard paper, I tried out different techniques.  I hadnt anything to eject the ink out so I pulled apart a soap dispenser and used the hose.  I then blew the ink onto the paper. I then tried folding for a symmetrical blot and not folding, to see the effects.



 I quite like ink so random....

3 comments:

  1. Mari, you can scan in the ink blots and use them as plants, flowers and wild flower meadows in plan at 1:200 and 1:50 that I predict will be a part of your near future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip PC. Move over mystic meg you've got competition ... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used water paint and made splodges with a toothbrush - onto water colour paper. Then I scanned them and added these in Photoshop onto bucket filled flat colour on the plan.

    Good for green roofs and as the 'Mystic Precious' points out wild flower meadows. You can do similar techiques using just photoshop, but not as satisfying as splattering paint with a toothbrush... use an old one because it gives you green teeth.

    ReplyDelete